The only problem was this lace was in terrible condition! It was stinky and brown from years of neglect, so before it can tranform my next project, I needed to clean it.
I have used several methods to clean vintage fabrics and lace in the past, but the method I want to share with you today is simple and works every time.
CLEANING VINTAGE TEXTILES
1. Use a large canning pot. (If you don't have a canning pot, use your largest pot.
2. Fill the pot half full with water
3. Place 1/2 cup of OxiClean powder into the water, stir
4. Add fabric/lace (water needs to cover all fabric)
5. Bring water to a boil and turn off heat
6. Let fabric sit in water stir occassionally, until water cools
7. Pour off dirty water
8. Repeat process until water pours off clean
9. Rinse fabric under facet to remove all OxiClean
10. Line dry in the sun
I use this same process for all of my vintage finds...tablecloths, pillowcases, tablerunners, napkins....
Thanks for joining us today. I am sorry our post have been a little spread out. Kandi and I both have little ones, so summer is usy, going on picnics, the pool, beach, vacationing...and lets face it just making sure our kiddos are not sitting in front of a tv! We ask that you hang in there with us through this season. Fall will be here before we know it, and we will be back to our regular posting schedule!