Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Canvas Rag Wreath and Gallery Walls

I was looking back at some of our old posts, and I came across my Canvas Heart Garland; I think I could have done a better job explaining how to make my Canvas Rag Wreath and I want to talk a little about gallery walls. I have absolutely loved this wreath and garland. I think it looks great on my family gallery wall. In the neutral colors it is so versatile, but it can also be made with bright colored fabrics to go with any party theme.  So here is a quick tutorial on how to make these wreaths. 

Here's the Canvas Rag Wreath on my gallery wall. Have you noticed both Kandi and I love creating gallery walls? Do you have a gallery wall in your home? Or does the thought of creating a gallery wall intimidate you?  Creating one is really simple, just pick out a common theme.  In this wall above, I have a couple of common themes....gold frames, and golden shells were used, and all the pictures/art have an antique quality.  What makes this wall special to me are the pictures of my Grandma (front and center), and her father (upper right corner).  I lay my frames out on the floor and establish a pattern before I start poking holes in my wall. If you missed Kandi's Gallery wall on her Play Room Makeover, here it is.  Kandi used three colors in her wall,(white/green/black) and kept all of her pictures to black and white. She has also mixed in a couple of pieces of art, and a mirror.  I know she is still looking for the perfect H to finish this wall.  (But knowing her, it will never be finished!) Isn't this a great family gallery wall!
For more examples of Gallery Walls check out my Pinterest Page
Rebekah Moody

 Back to our project, and a wider look at the gallery wall....


Quick Canvas Rag Wreath Tutorial:



Your Supplies:  Wire wreath form, Scissors, and Canvas Drop Cloth (Painter's Cloth)


I make a little cut at one end of the canvas, and then tear my strip of canvas so that my edge is ragged.  (Canvas is great to work with because it tears easily in a straight line) Strips should 1" wide by 8" long.  You need what seems like a million of these strips! I like my wreath really full.


The last step is to tie your strips onto the metal wreath frame.  And repeat!  About a million times!  This project takes me about 3 hours.  But it is so worth it!


Finished!


Here it is, again.  The process is the same for the garland.  I used a clothes line.  Cut to your desired length, tie knots in each end.  Then start tying on your canvas rags.



Hope you enjoyed project.  It is an easy "no sew" way to bring fabric into your home for any holiday or party! 


Rebekah 

7 comments:

  1. This is such a great idea! I would love for you to link up at my Link Party via: www.ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com

    Mrs. Delightful
    www.ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this idea. I'm your newest follower. Come check out my blog when you have a minute. http://sister-number-5.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your wreath looks terrific. I thought it would be a lot harder ti make but I think even I could do this, Thanks for showing us how.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your gallery wall. (Especially the addition of the shells and wreath.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your rag wreath is adorable on your gallery wall! I followed you over from Chic and Crafty's Party.

    I'm your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay, I am IN LOVE with that garland! so, so cute! Thanks for sharing at oopsey daisy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your heart Garland

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity