Tuesday, November 29, 2011

It is Christmas Time!



I love this time of year.  It brings out the best in those of us who love to feather our nests.  I am inspired by all of the creative ideas I have seen this year, and I have to admit, I have already bought about 20 Christmas magazines (and it is not even Dec. 1).  If that is not enough, I have been on Pinterest non-stop looking for new creative ideas; from children's crafts (I brought this craft into my son's kindergarten class today)....it was so fun especially explaining to the children why you can't see this snowman's eyes.....to beautiful outdoor rooms decorated for the season.

                                   Isn't this room amazing!  This photo is from Traditional Home. 

I have two outdoor spaces, and I can tell you neither look like this, but I can always dream, and someday.....maybe I will have.....something similar.   Here are a few other pictures that have inspired me this season.



This beautiful snowfilled picture on the left (via Pinterest) was the inspiration for my side door Christmas grouping.  I do have to say a had a bit of fun with this grouping, you never know where you are going to find the perfect accent piece; like the metal star.  For those of you who do not know what it is, it belongs with my husband's deep frier, it is the skewer that holds the turkey!  How perfectly it works with my star theme.  A couple of years ago I made the star sap bucket and gave them as gifts to my family, I kept two, and love to move them around my house.  I recently picked up the statue of St. Francis Assisi and the antique sled at an estate sale.




 I cut the stars out of the bucket with a tin snip, painted it in a crackle finish.

Here are a couple other projects I have been working on.....small sheet music christmas trees, mantels, garlands, and pillows, pillows and more pillows. A tutorial on the music christmas tree will follow in the next couple days.

Hope you are enjoying this season as much as I am!
love,
Rebekah

1 comment:

  1. Great article. Thanks for sharing this article with us. I really appreciate your hard work.
    Hotstar App

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity